Canadian Controlled Goods Program Training - CGP Training Course Content
- CGP, its purpose, and the controlling agency
- The agency responsible for licensing exports of Controlled Goods
- Importance of The Controlled Goods Program within the company
- Products at our company that are subject to the CGP
- The role of the Designated Official
- The scope of the Controlled Goods Program
- Examples of controlled goods under CGP
- Examples of uncontrolled goods
- Your responsibility with respect to CGP and Export Controls
- Concerns for foreign business travel
- Three levels of security for facilities
- Requirements and use of ID and entry badges
- Rules regarding visitors
1. Introduction to the CGP
2. What is Controlled?
3. Facility Security
While this course is based on our interpretation of the current regulations and best practices required by the PWGSC administered Controlled Goods Program, it is NOT recognized by the Canadian Government (which provides training courses and resources in various formats to Designated Officials in the CGP).
This course is intended solely as a resource for convenient orientation of employees to the basic requirements of the Controlled Goods Program. The Designated Official within your organization must validate the suitability of this training for your internal purposes. Although there is an accompanying test that ensures your understanding of this content, successful mastery completion of this test does NOT constitute certification by any Canadian Government organization.
We can provide modifications to this course to provide information specific to your company (for example - designated products, contact information for your DO, etc) for delivery on your own internal Learning Management System. Call to discuss this option.
LearnTech® training incorporates interactive learning checks throughout the instructional sequences. Tests are criterion-referenced and module-based with feedback on every response for enhanced learning.
Purchase the on-line web-training version of this course for individual use: Buy now on-line
How to Buy - Controlled Goods Program - CGP